Saturday, December 26, 2009

2010 Pantone Color of the Year


Turquoise

The Pantone Color Institute is the global authority on color and provider of professional color standards for the design industries.  They have selected turquoise as its 2010 color of the year.

In the essence of color therapy, turquoise has a transporting effect, like an escape to a tropical vacation.  It is a color of deep compassion and healing, inspired by water and sky.  Turquoise will be popping up all over!  Look to see it Home decor, the latest fashion trends, jewelry and accessories. 

Having been a textile colorist and print stylist in my first career out of college.  I am always curious to see the latest in color and design.   My love for turquoise and Native American jewelry...well this makes me happy.  I wear turquoise jewelry year round and over the years I have acquired many beautiful turquoise belt buckles each one special and unique to me.  The pieces are timeless. 



1 comment:

  1. eh, turquoise. I don't know what to think (?) I do like it with magenta. Would make a bold statement for the table top. Love the new banner, btw

    ReplyDelete